Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Odds & Ends

Oh goodness, I'm typing this to you at 11:22 PM, after an hour on the phone with my mom, after an over 2 hour long Board Meeting... I'm a bit of a wreck.

OK, a lot of a wreck. Turns out in his obituary they're going to list me as one of his children (he has a daughter from a previous marriage) and my kids as his grandkids (he has 3 biological). Tissues anyone?

And to top it all off, my left hand shift key only works if I hold down the very end. And guess what? You use your left hand shift key. A lot.

OK, so now it's 11:03 PM the next night. Oh yeah, getting lots of practice on letting go of perfectionism!

So, the Flylady Challenge! Today was Day 3, just doing what I've been doing, keeping the sink shiny and getting dressed to shoes. I'm doing fairly well, although I need to keep my shoes on more often. One problem with that... I tend to leave the house with them on!

Why is this a problem? You may remember in my last post, the ones I have for the house are HOT PINK. So, I almost wore them with a brown skirt and blouse today to my daughter's kindergarten screening. And I *did* where them to the chiropractor's appointment!

What's up next? THIS. Don't panic, it's just writing down those things (and just do it, please? Don't give me the "Oh, I can remember, I don't need to" baloney) and signing up for her emails HERE. Please do it, but remember, if you fall behind on emails, JUST DELETE THEM! OK, I don't, but you should!! :)

I also recommend following her on Twitter, and go HERE to download some old shows! And again, the chat room is a GREAT resource!

OK. Is this blog perfect? Far from it. Is it late? Oh yeah. Will I just publish? Yup. Look, I won't be here a lot the next few days, I need to go to the services, but I will be thinking of you all!

And if anyone has a good way to organize blogs so I can actually READ them, please please PLEASE let me know; I know a lot of you have some GREAT blogs out there, but blogger just has me overwhelmed with them!

Keep on FLYING!

3 comments:

Cari said...

You should use Google Reader. I LOVE IT.

I hope the next few days goes by okay for you (((Hugs)))

~Kris said...

i 2nd that - Google Read FTW!

best part is since you use gmail/blogger... you can use it right away - no need to sign up or register for it separately

and yes - i replied to this at 1:30, after re-uploading band concert videos for a 2nd time

love ya *hugs* thinking/praying about ya for the next few days

Tara said...

Hi there,

My thoughts are with you today. I know it's going to be hard at the memorial service.

I have some of my favorite blogs on my "My Yahoo" page, which is my homepage.

Also, I don't know what "big tent" is on the flylady.net page #3.

1 more thing: reporting in as dressed to flip flops, (but I'm wearing them on purpose bc I'm leaving in a couple of minutes and these are the shoes I want to wear today). I'm sorry 2 say that my sink didn't get shined last night, despite my best efforts, because N is getting over an ear infection and had a cranky evening. Every time I tried to put him down he screamed; ended up just bringing him 2 bed with me.