Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Perfectionist Blogging

Is there such a thing? Because, really, it's hard to do blog when you're a perfectionist.

I mean, take a simple "theme". Type about your favorite food. I can't do that! Well, I could, but I would turn a simple 2 line answer into a full blown essay describing different foods for different times/occasions. And then drinks. What about desserts? Homemade vs take out. Brands! GAH!

And notice I'm talking about something as simple as what to blog about. We're assuming the blog has been set up. You need a platform, a design, the right colors and fonts and layouts.

So, why would somebody who deals with perfectionism and the anxiety is causes have a blog?

Got me.

But I'm doing it.

In theory it would help, right? I mean, I'd have to get over it. Just click on Publish Post and be done with it. Actually put it out there, even if it's - gulp! - NOT PERFECT!

So I just may dabble in this a bit. I have some previous posts. Please feel free to read through them and comment! They are a hodge podge of all sorts of things. Which makes me wonder, what could I possibly blog about? What could possible be so interesting in my life that other people would want to read it?!?

Aaaaaaaand..... enter perfectionism.

And with this, I"m going to go ahead and start finding the blogs to some of the people I've "met" via Twitter/Facebook/other. Start reading theirs. Get some ideas. Get brave enough to leave some comments. And hopefully be back to type some more! (You know, like, within a month of this one!!)

1 comment:

~Kris said...

You can do it Lisa!! Its taking me a bit to get into a blogging pattern - but i sort of have one now, and day themes - for monday, wednesday and friday. It works for me, and i post on those days i have something to share.

and i still dont like my blog lay out - i HATE how narrow it is - lol - but i'll get there, and you will too *hugs*