Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Challenge!

Soooo....

Tuesday there is a challenge starting in a chat room I visit, and I think I want to be in on it. Who wants to join me?

Some ladies are going to start from scratch with Flylady; even those who are FLYing will start from Day 1! I'm going to join them!

Whoa, wait. Let me back up.

OK, I am a SHE. A Sidetracked Home Executive. I have a difficult time focusing. And organizing. And just... cleaning in general! THANK GOODNESS I found www.flylady.net, which is helping me see that - despite what I was told growing up - I am NOT lazy, a slob, a pig, etc etc. I just need to do things a bit differently then BO (Born Organized) people. (And, it helps get rid of that Stinkin' Thinkin' that comes along with all those lovely labels!)

So anyway, a big part of Flylady is taking things in babysteps, going slowly, working our way into things. She is great about breaking things down into small, manageable steps. And HERE she has her babysteps to getting out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). And yes, you read right, the first step is to Shine Your Sink!

So, I'm going to try it. Again. You see, while I do apply quite a bit of Flylady into my life, I've never gotten very far with being "official" about it. So, Tuesday I start.

Will you join me? It's OK if you're reading this after June 1st. Or it's late, and you just can't right now. You can always just jump in! (Trust me, Flylady says so!)

Let me know if you get started in the Comments... and I'll be keeping you up to date here, so feel free to cheer me along!

9 comments:

Debbie W said...

"CHEER CHEER"

Tara said...

All right, I'll do it. :0D

Kiddos1138 said...

Oh how exciting!! Oh, wait... now I have *2* people to hold me accountable...

OK, let's figure out how to delete posts...

Just kidding! This is great! Just remember: BABYSTEPS. All we have to do tomorrow is shine our sink!

Let's DO IT!!!!

Dr.Kim said...

OK, me too. I've been doing Flylady for a couple of years now, and there are a few KEY things that I just haven't made a habit. The most important one is Decluttering every day. If I can get that to be a habit with this accountability, that would be great! So thanks. (@FlutterDoc on Twitter)

maths_teacher said...

I'll join you too. I started my blog 3 weeks ago, on anti-procrastination and it has meant that I am actually doing more of flylady than before when I was just thinking about it. So going 'back to basics' and doing it properly would be good. I even started rereading sink reflections last night. I agree with Dr. Kim about declutttering everyday, I fail on that!
Liz (maths_teacher on twitter)

Meeks said...

Funny! I had decided to do the same thing as you! June was when I was going to do babysteps! I went on twitter to see who was out there talking about #flylady and found you guys!! woohoo...so nice to know others are doing it too! yay!
I am in New Zealand so I'm a day before you. So I started today and my sink is shining (even if I have a pile of dishes on either side! hahah! baby steps!)

Kiddos1138 said...

OH YEAH!!

We have a great group going!!

Now, do NOT let that stress you out! (Am I talking to you all or myself?!) All you need to do today is SHINE YOUR SINK. You don't even have to do the dishes in them, just shine! :D

I have a busy morning, but more this afternoon! I'm even hoping for a picture!! ;-)

In the meantime, check out www.flylady.net/radio/ (I *think* those dashes are the right way...) It's a chat room for Flybabies and where this challenge started from!

Helen said...

Good luck, I love flylady. I started the beginner babysteps 12 days ago.

Sarah Unsicker said...

OK, I've decided to join in too, we can hold each other accountable! Maybe you can get me to make it all the way through the steps!!

http://addsarah.blogspot.com/2010/06/beginner-baby-steps-starting-at-day-2.html