Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New year musings...

OK, I have 7 minutes.

The kids are gone and I'm cleaning. Well, OK, right now I'm typing. But that's 'cause I did some cleaning and now this is my "reward"! Typing! Er, playing on the internet! For 10 minutes.

As you may know, today is New Years Eve. This is big for me. I like new years. New weeks. New months. Basically new beginnings in general. But a new YEAR... Wow, major stuff.

So, will this end like all other years? Me scrambling around to get everything perfect to enter into the year? Not quite. I will be scrambling around a bit, but more because J. has the kids and I have the house to myself and how can I *not* take advantage of that. And yes, I will be trying to get things ready (note: NOT perfect) for the new year, but I recognize it won't all get done.

So, will tomorrow start off like all other years? Me kicking myself for failing the day before and setting myself up with a mountain of unreasonably high expectations? Not quite. Knowing that I'm giving it my all today will help with the kicking, and while I *do* plan on making some 'resolutions' (for lack of a better word) I plan on doing it in a more thought out manner, going slowly, more practically, and NOT giving up the second I slip up.

OK, last minute.

I hope to put down some of my thoughts for the new year and -. I started to type "A new me" but you know what? I'm not that bad. I could use some tweaks and boosts and what not. But no. A *growing* me. Yeah. I like that...

No comments: