Friday, November 7, 2008

Anxiety sucks

I hate this. I do. Anxiety. I wish it didn't take over like this.

Right now I'm fighting a full blown panic attack. DH took Roo for a drive to deposit checks and drop something off, and I'm fighting this panic that something is going to happen to them. It killed me to say goodbye; when I kissed Roo I thought "This is going to be the last time to feel his warm skin on your lips". I HATE THIS. I don't want it. I didn't ask for it. I just want to make it all go away...

Thank goodness there's counseling on Tuesday.

OK. Breathe.

I always had this, but with the accident... now all I can think is "It CAN happen to us. It DID. It could easily happen again."

That being said, in some ways I've gotten better, gotten more control over it. I'm less likely to just flip out about more random things. Like the kind I laid in bed crying because I imagined what would happen if I went blind.

OK. I need to pull together. For the girls. THEY ARE FINE.

Breathe.

Anxiety sucks.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Were you in a car accident or something? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I was in a car accident, a very bad one, and I had HUGE anxiety issues for a long time afterward. It will get better! (((hugs)))BTW...this is Cari from the sisterhood :)

Kiddos1138 said...

OH! A comment! LOL, I need to check this thing!

Yup, 6/18/08. I actually have a brief summary of it on the Britax thread. I actually thought I lost my daughter... It was awful...

ANYway... off to check if there are comments on the others! I really do plan on keeping up with this!

I hope Paige is doing better! (And that you're getting some sleep!!)